By now I’m sure you’ll have heard of ChatGPT. If you haven’t it’s an ‘AI Chatbot’ meaning this online website is programmed with Artificial Intelligence to follow instructions inputted by a user and provide a detailed response.
It is being used in a huge variety of ways (including controversially, being used by thousands of students around the country to write essays for them.. That’s a whole other conversation and issue, if you haven’t heard of this I believe most schools and universities are now able to detect this so don’t go getting any ideas!) And is revolutionising how people are using AI to get the most out of them and have AI improve human work.
So I asked ChatGPT for unusual exam stress tips! This can be used at all ages and to help with any stressful situations you may be going through in life.
I simply typed: “Give me some unusual tips for dealing with exam stress”
ChatGPT replied with:
“Sure, here are a few more unusual tips for dealing with exam stress:
- Try acupressure: Certain pressure points on your body are believed to help reduce stress and anxiety. Try pressing gently on the fleshy spot between your thumb and index finger, or on the inside of your wrist, for a few minutes to help your nerves.
2. Take a cold shower: While a hot shower can be relaxing, taking a cold shower can help stimulate your body and mind, and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
3. Laugh it off: Watching a funny movie or spending time with friends who make you laugh can help boost your mood and reduce stress levels.
4. Use positive affirmations: Write down positive affirmations or motivational quotes on sticky notes and place them around your study space or carry them with you. Reading positive messages can help boost your confidence and reduce stress.
5. Chew gum: Chewing gum has been shown to help reduce stress and anxiety by increasing blood flow to the brain and reduce cortisol levels.
Remember that what works for one person may not work for another, so it’s important to find the strategies that work best for you in managing exam stress.”
I then asked “Give me one more unusual tip for dealing with exam stress”
And the reply was:
“An unusual tip for dealing with exam stress is to try aromatherapy. Certain scents, such as lavender, rosemary, or peppermint, have been shown to have a calming effect on the mind and body. You can try using essential oils in a diffuser or adding a few drops to a bath to help you relax before an exam. Be sure to test a small amount of the oil on your skin first to check for any allergic reactions, and remember to use them in moderation.”
Wow! There you go, some tips which we might not have thought of suggesting, even coming with health warnings, ChatGPT has been in the news a lot recently so we thought we’d see if we could use it for some positivity.
If you have exams coming up or are currently in a high stress situation I wish you the best and hope these tips work for you. Remember taking some time to keep yourself feeling positive will be worth it in the long run rather than overdoing it until you’re burnt out.
Thanks for reading, leave a comment with any other unusual tips you have or if any of these worked for you!
Find me here: