Read Time: 2minutes 50seconds
Good afternoon, it’s Heather here (firstname.lastname@example.org).
As the middle of exam season approaches for school and university students, the air is filled with anticipation, stress, and the hope for academic success. At Vision Achievement, we understand the importance of supporting students during this crucial time of transition. In this blog post, we will explore the challenges students face and provide insights on how to navigate this. We also wonder if this advice we give to younger people could be carried through to bigger work transitions and stressful times? Do we sometimes forget the advice we give young people as we get older?
1. Acknowledge the Stress: The pressure of exams can be overwhelming for students, impacting their emotional well-being and performance. As a recruiting company, we recognise the importance of acknowledging and addressing this stress. Encourage open conversations about mental health, provide resources for stress management, and create a supportive environment that fosters growth and well-being.
2. Time Management: One of the key challenges is managing time effectively. Developing time management strategies, such as creating study schedules, prioritising tasks, and setting realistic goals is beneficial. Learning how to allocate time wisely can optimise productivity and reduce anxiety.
3. Study Techniques and Resources: Every student has a unique learning style, and it’s important to discover study techniques that work best you. Share effective study methods, such as active learning, mnemonic devices, and collaborative study groups. Additionally, look for valuable resources such as online platforms, educational apps, and libraries that can aid the learning process.
4. Balancing Well-being: Maintaining a healthy balance between studying and self-care is crucial during exam season. We encourage you to prioritise well-being by getting enough sleep, eating nutritious meals, and engaging in physical activity. Taking breaks and practicing mindfulness can enhance focus and overall performance. We, for example, host VUCANAV; a mental health and well-being online course focussed specifically on creating healthy habits to help life during the extra stressful periods. You can find more about it here: https://develop.achievementacademy.uk/
5. Building Resilience: Exams can be emotionally challenging, especially when faced with setbacks or disappointments. Foster resilience to emphasise the importance of learning from failures, practicing self-reflection, and developing a growth mindset. Try to view exams as opportunities for growth and improvement, rather than defining moments.
6. Seeking Support: Seeking support is not a sign of weakness but a strength. Reach out to teachers, mentors, or support services. By seeking guidance, you can gain valuable insights, address concerns, and find the support needed to thrive academically.
7. Long-Term Planning: Exam season also serves as a reminder to consider their long-term goals and aspirations. As a recruiting company, we understand the significance of career planning. We encourage you to explore interests, research potential career paths, and connect with professionals in the desired fields. Exams are stepping stones towards future endeavours, you are learning about the subjects you may wish to enter a career with, but the exam result does not define your knowledge and interest.
It is a crucial time to receive support and guidance during this transitional period. At Vision Achievement, we believe in nurturing talent and empowering individuals on their educational journey. By acknowledging the stress, time management strategies, promoting well-being, and fostering resilience, we can help students navigate exams successfully. Let us be their partners in achieving academic goals and preparing for future career transitions.
An interesting set of advice which I think doesn’t just apply to young people, but anyone going through a career transition or stressful period. You can check out our recruiting services, or career coaching on our website https://visionachievement.uk or email myself at email@example.com with any questions you may have.
Good luck and see you next week! Heather.
Recruiting Instagram: _VisionAchievement
Recruiting Twitter: VAchievement_